Lake Superior for 40th Birthday


Cray-pas, February 12, 2011
Superior Shores Resort with Angela and Megan
40th birthday retreat
1 year anniversary of Conversation Circle

To celebrate my 40th birthday and the one year anniversary of Conversation Circle, Megan, Angela, and I went to a beautiful resort on the North Shore.  We rented a suite with a media room.
This retreat was the weekend after my oral surgery and on our way north, while strolling the icy shore, I received a call saying the saga was over and I wouldn't need another surgery.  We stopped at my favorite restaurant, New Scenic Cafe, and I got both of my favorite dishes- fondue and goat's milk cheesecake.

We watched and discussed movies, ate great food, did art, hiked around Split Rock Lighthouse park, walked the breakwater at Two Harbors, and took a starlight stroll. 

This piece is from our final morning there.  It is the first piece in one of my new art journals purchased upon completing my original one.  Auspicious.

This was the view from our room looking out over the lake.


Sharing one of my favorite spots for personal retreats with two great friends.
Receiving good news.
Getting my favorite foods.
Starting a new art journal.
An auspicious time for transformation.